If you find your furnace blowing cold air, or no air at all, there are a number of reasons why this may be the case. Here is a list of things you may check on your own to troubleshoot before calling in the team at Georgian Home Comfort to provide furnace repairs for no heat:
- Double check that your thermostat is on and set to heating, not cooling.
- Adjust your thermostat to be a few degree higher to see if your furnace turns on.
- Ensure no appliance vents are blocked with snow or ice - some furnaces will automatically shut off if vents are blocked.
- Check your fuse or circuit breaker. Try to reset your breaker or replace a fuse.
- Replace your furnace filter, but ensure to switch off the furnace power switch before opening your furnace.
- Double check that the power switch on the furnace is set to on.
If you have checked some or all of these factors and your furnace has still not turned on, please give Georgian Home Comfort a call. We will come to your residence and diagnose the issue, then provide prompt furnace repairs to restore warmth to your home.
It is very important that you have periodic furnace maintenance to avoid any sudden breakdowns, especially during the middle of winter when you may need the heat the most. Georgian Home Comfort can advise you on the best furnace maintenance plans for you and your budget, saving you costly future repairs.
For more information on furnace repairs for no heat, please contact the licensed technicians at Georgian Home Comfort in Barrie, Ontario. We provide emergency furnace repairs 24/7 for those that need it.